School of Economic Science
Something this forum doesn't do that most forums do do!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    School of Economic Science - Study Forums Forum Index -> Plato Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gloriat andrade

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Something this forum doesn't do that most forums do do! Reply with quote

The views of those that use this forum to the following suggestion would be useful.

I subscribe to a number of forums and some very frequently. Those latter have two things in common.

1. They are interesting

2. An email notification arrives every time someone posts something on the forum and out of curiosity I click on the link to the post so see what is there.

The Plato forum has the first quality in spades but I cannot find a box to tick which gives the second.

If this feature is not there it is like being in a room where a great conversation is going on sometimes but being deaf and blind one has to ask constantly if there is one going on now. Eventually one gets disheartened and leaves. Most of the others in the room are also deaf-blind and have the same problem so everyone leaves.

I suspect that is the problem here.

Would anyone agree (who does check the room regularly)? or have I missed a very simple tick box?

Have others missed that box?

I don't mean the Notify of reply box below which only refers to one post.(this added after John's post below, see my clarification)

If a message appears in an empty room does anyone know

Andrade
Peter Blumsom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Andrade,
I agree with your query. There is a box to tick below in the technical area only visible when you are preparing your post. It's the third down with the text "Notify me when a reply is posted'. This should send you a reminder if anyone responds but unfortunately it only seems to work intermittently. Probably a case of the site is showing its age. I will contact the site administrator and see if anything can be done about this. Thanks for bring it to our notice.
Pete
PS I am about to post something you might want to respond to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    School of Economic Science - Study Forums Forum Index -> Plato Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: