School of Economic Science
Externalities Graph

Post new topic   Reply to topic    School of Economic Science - Study Forums Forum Index -> Economics Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin Phillips

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Externalities Graph Reply with quote

Can someone PLEASE explain the externalities graph (both positive and negative) and tell me what part of the graph means what? I need to be able to find the following from the graph -

Producer's tax burden
Consumer's tax burden
Total revenue
Total amount of tax/subsidy
Tax/Subsidy per unit
Consumer surplus/shortage

If there are more things that can be found out from the graphs, please let me know!

I wish I could attach a graph drawing to this post, but I'm not entirely sure what an externality graph looks like Sad I would really appreciate it if you could link to a graph and then tell me which part means what by labeling.

Thanks so much! Smile
Eileen Burton

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positive externalities, less is produced and consumed than the socially optimal level.
Edina Clark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A positive externality implies the minor social advantage (MSB) would be more prominent than the negligible private advantage (MPB), on account of some minimal outside advantage (MEB) being added to MPB to aggregate up as MSB. Since request = MSB, there is no positive externality.
Hilary Addison

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Art Reply with quote

A negative externalize is a cost (or negative impact) that outcomes from a specific movement that influences you, as a video editor at Animated Video Production, I made an 3d video on "Externalities Graph" despite the fact that you didn't bring about that cost. You are not included at all with that activity.So assume that in class, everybody has most extreme fixation. Say the level of fixation is 10.
jimms jack

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A typical case of a negative externalities graph is pollution. For instance a steel delivering firm may pump pollutants into the air. While the firm needs to pay for power, materials, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    School of Economic Science - Study Forums Forum Index -> Economics Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: