School of Economic Science
The Greek Designation of the Animal, or Life Simply.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    School of Economic Science - Study Forums Forum Index -> Plato Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard Wongkew

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thus you speak of the nature of the action, the telos, that which Ďcomes full circle.í Motion here is a figure of the categories (for it is thought as a substance), and thus very dark, though it can be taken to mean a kind of concept (part of the opening to the whole, as being). We know of all this best in speaking the word, or inwardly saying it. Thus Homer, through the rapsod, sings. With Homer there must be listeners who are participants, emotionally, intellectually, and by their sense of justice (dyke).

That is called with the Germans truth as the immediate; in what gathers. You can see, how this is already broken, though not decisively, with the mathematics of Plato. Because he finds in that which is furthest from the immediate, a higher subject of contemplation (though, he remains within the immediate).

You haven't answered anything I put down, but I think what you say is so wrong, so incompetent and lacking in philosophic culture that unless you are open to learning something it is better by far that you donít follow up. Aside from that I am grateful for the use of the forum, since I still hope that someone will read and understand what we here worked through, and thank you for allowing me to speak with you.

For whoever goes further with this, we can suggest the comparison between the math of Plato (the initial break from immediate time) and that of infinitesimal calculus (objective time), thus, the question about motion as change, mediated by the way time rhythms being.

In eg Heidegger, historicism cum so-called existentialism, that which we take over in this difficult thought, one takes survey of all the truths about being, and coming to the final, and absolute, we work to think what remains, i.e., the way being is being being at all through the opening to being as such. Ergo, Aristotle says as light is to colour, so is the opening of the human to the whole, to being.
Peter Blumsom

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I read this:

<<You haven't answered anything I put down, but I think what you say is so wrong, so incompetent and lacking in philosophic culture that unless you are open to learning something it is better by far that you donít follow up.>>

I may be wrong but I somehow get the feeling that you donít think much of my philosophy.

Strangely I feel quite relieved.

<<For whoever goes further with this, we can suggest the comparison between the math of Plato (the initial break from immediate time) and that of infinitesimal calculus (objective time), thus, the question about motion as change, mediated by the way time rhythms being.>>

Not on this forum I hope. More historical perspective than Socratic insight regarding arithmetike no doubt. You have a little way to go along that road, I think.

Thank you for all your hard efforts. There are surely others who would appreciate them, for us the river has run its course.

The only thing that you could entice me to respond is if you could say something insightful (i.e. un-German) on Republic 546. That is always my touchstone but most fail the test.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    School of Economic Science - Study Forums Forum Index -> Plato Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: