Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Location: Colchester, Essex, UK
|Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:04 pm Post subject: Easy Registration
|Easy Registration on this forum
1) Click on the word Register under the words Study Forums at the top-right corner of the forum window.
2) Please read the Registration Agreement Terms and when you are in a position to agree click on the I agree ... am 13 or more years old link at the bottom.
3) Now complete the registration form.
- UserName: Please use your real <Firstname> <Lastname> separated by a space. Note that you may use a middle name or initial if you wish. Also note that you may use upper and lower case letters in the usual way.
- E-mail address: This address will be used to send you an activation Link to complete your registration.
- Password: Please create a strong password (see General Forum Rules--> How to Create a Strong Password)
- Confirm Password: Re-enter the password you chose, to confirm it.
- Confirmation Code: Type in the confirmation code as it appears in the graphic display above. Be careful to type uppercase letters. (This strange procedure is meant to confound registration "bots" from automatic registration for malign reasons.)
- ICQ, AIM, MSN Messenger or Yahoo Messenger: If you have any of these identities then enter these, if you wish, in the appropriate boxes. Also, if you have a Personal website: then you may wish to enter the address in the box provided.
- Location: Please say where you live in the style Colchester, Essex, UK or Westminster, London, UK. This information displays when you post on the forum.
- Occupation: You may wish to enter your occupation.
- Interests: You could enter Philosophy or be more interesting. (* An entry is required in this field.)
- Signature: I don't recommend the use of this field but some like it.
- Preferences I suggest that you leave these at their default values.
4) Finally press SUBMIT to send your information to the forum. If all goes well you will receive a notice that an email is being sent to you with an activation link. (When you receive this email you will need to click on the link provided to activate your registration.) If the registration failed you will be given a list of reasons. Click your browser's BACK button to return to your form and correct the information then press SUBMIT again.